80% of a cow's immune
system is based in the rumen
The Complexities of the Rumen
A cow’s immune system depends almost solely on the rumen to ensure its ability to function optimally. A cow must have a strong immune system so that it can withstand the stresses of handling, processing, and environmental changes. A healthy rumen makes for strong, healthy cattle. One way to ensure a balanced rumen is to neutralize the rumen’s pH, allowing the complex, delicate beneficial bacteria to flourish. Whether you’re a producer or preconditioner, the knowledge and ability to maintain your herd’s gut health is the most effective tool you have to boost vaccine efficacy, realize greater weight gains and keep acidosis at bay.
CattlActive® is a Prebiotic
- By definition, CattlActive® is a prebiotic because it has an effect on rumen pH and provides support to the microbe population in the rumen.
- CattlActive® does not contain live microbes such as those that probiotics contain.
- Experts report it is challenging to clearly show probiotic effectiveness in the commercial feed yard setting. Introducing microbes into an environment where the same microbes that are being added are dying is the cause of this.
- Prebiotics allow microbes to rebound more quickly during times of stress and also to remain more stable.
- Prebiotics can maintain efficient digestion and minimize digestive upsets, preventing bad bacteria from dominating and causing immune challenges.
- Prebiotics can minimize the impact of heat stress by stabilizing pH.
- Prebiotic research indicates there is also less inflammation and improved nutrient absorption along with less “leaky gut” symptoms.
- Prebiotics provide support to the microbes allowing them to recover faster after a stress event. Many of the disease-causing organisms are opportunistic; increasing growth rates of the beneficial microbes prevent these disease-causing organisms from dominating.
- Salmonella, E. Coli, and Clostridium all flourish during stress events. This is caused by an increase of Lactic Acid in the rumen caused by stress.
- Balancing pH and supporting the beneficial microbes during a stress event will keep these bad bacteria from dominating.
- CattlActive® is the fastest acting prebiotic on the market when given orally, balancing pH and dropping rumen temperature in 15 minutes.
- CattlActive® RA provides prolonged support to the rumen microbes allowing time to adjust to the changes in diet and populate rapidly. This increase in beneficial rumen microbe population increases utilization of feedstuffs and reduces the population of disease-causing organisms.
Producers need to ensure their calves and cows feed well and stay healthy and strong to maximize production. Using an all-natural cattle supplement helps to boost feed utilization rates and improve cattle health in a cost-effective way.
To get calves to eat more and drink adequately after weaning, the calves’ rumens must be kept in optimal condition. CattlActive® was formulated to help cattle breeders and ranchers maintain a balanced pH in the rumen and achieve their desired calf weight targets at the appropriate time.
For instance, to avoid a delay in breeding, heifers need to be at least 30% of their mature weight after six months of age. Using our CattlActive® supplement will help your calves consume adequate amounts of feed and create the right balance of healthy microbes in the gut to achieve the desired weight.
What Is CattlActive®?
CattlActive® is a 100% natural cattle supplement designed by fellow cattle ranchers. It has a variety of ingredients including mineral water, vegetable fats, soy oil, corn oil, guar gum, glycerin, orange peel extract and onion extract.
What Does CattlActive® Do?
CattlActive® helps accomplish the following:
- Balances rumen pH: Concentrated feeds and stress can lead to a very acidic rumen. CattlActive® neutralizes the excess acid in the rumen, preventing ruminal acidosis.
- Boost consumption of feed and water: After calves leave the sales barns and are introduced to feedlots, they need to start eating as soon as possible to attain the required weight. CattlActive® helps boost appetite, keeps the pH in the gut balanced and helps support the growth of beneficial bacteria that optimize gut function.
- Increase the growth of healthy gut microbes: The quantity of healthy bacteria in the rumen of calves or cows helps determine how well the feed they consume will be converted into energy. Consuming large amounts of concentrated feed can reduce the population of beneficial bacteria. But with CattlActive®, which acts as a prebiotic, the healthy gut bacteria will continue to flourish and promote steady weight gain.
- Prevents the development of diseases: Problems such as acidosis and other debilitating conditions and ailments can occur in cattle when their immune systems are weak. This can lead to costly treatment and delays in attaining the desired weight. Giving your calves and cows a regular dose of CattlActive® will help boost your cattle’s immunity and can help avoid illness and mortality in the herd.
Ranchers who sell their calves at sales barns need to get them to achieve their desired weight before taking them to market. But due to calf scours, which can cause gastrointestinal damage, some ranchers lose a significant amount of income and production.
Calves that have scours can weigh up to 40 pounds less than average after three months due to poor feeding and scours, costing producers and feeders valuable time and money. Calves that have weakened immune systems due to scours can also develop respiratory diseases when it’s time for branding or other stressful events.
Why Should You Invest in Our All-natural Cattle Supplement?
CattlActive® can help because:
- It costs about $4.65 per calf and can yield a return of up to $80 due to rapid weight gain and lower costs of medication
- Shortens the time required to get your calves to reach their desired weight
- Boosts the immune system to help lessen the impact of infectious bacteria and diseases
- Contains only natural ingredients and is safe for cattle raised t for beef, milk production, and breeding
Start Seeing the Results of CattlActive® in Your Operation Today
For more details about how to buy and use CattlActive®, please fill out the form below, and we’ll respond to within 24 hours or less. You can also order CattlActive® now through our online store.